Tradequip Important Information
Internet Fraud & Scams
Be Aware of Internet Fraud & Scams!
Many Internet scams are targeting sellers of high dollar items in the oilfield industry. The best defense comes from the seller being aware of these individuals and their techniques. Below are some tips to remember and helpful links:
- Validate the customer's information (address, company name, phone, etc.) particularly international customers.
- Be particularly suspicious of any attempt to gain your bank account information (wire transfers, direct bank account transfers).
- Make sure you have validated the payment and have the money in hand before finalizing your transaction.
- Cashier's checks and instant money transfers such as Western Union or MoneyGram can be forgeries.
- The buyer wishes to complete the transaction immediately without negotiation and/or overpays and wants you to refund overage amount.
- Use common sense. If the other party is making a deal too good to be true, it often is.
PLEASE NOTE: Tradequip International and Tradequip.com are paid advertising media only. We do not participate in any part of the buy/sell transactions that occur as a result of our publications. As such, we do NOT offer Buyer Protection Programs or Guarantee/Warranty Services.